- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Garlic, Minced
- 2 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Pepper (Optional)
- 1 (15 Ounce) Can of Tomato Puree
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Minced Jalapeno Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Zeiders Habanero Hot Sauce
- 4 Teaspoons Flour
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1lbs. Cooked Chicken, Cubed
- 1 Cup Cream
- 1/4 Cup Fat Free Sour Cream
- 8 Ounces Cheese
- 10 (6 Ounce) Corn Tortillas, 1/4 Inch Strips, Fried
- Fresh Cilantro, Roughly Chopped (Optional)
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Total Time 50 Minutes
- Saute oil, garlic and onions in large pan or Dutch oven until soft.
- Add ingredients 4 through 13. Bring to low boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cut tortillas in 1/4 inch strips and fry in oil or spray with oil and thoroughly mix flour and water, then wisk into soup. Bring to a low boil, then simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and cheese (more or less of each, depending on taste). Ensure 165 degrees F serving temp.
- After service soup, pile tortillas strips into a haystack shape on top of the soup.
- (Optional) garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.